世界のリスのイラストサイト

世界のリスのイラストブログ。
描いているのはアニメーターのMakiです。リスが好きすぎて作ってしまいました。

Welcome to my squirrel art gallery! I put many squirrel arts here. You'll amaze how beautiful creatures they are! See more informatios about this blog.

2012/10/05

About this blog

Hi and welcome to my squirrel art gallery. I'm a Japanese animator/illustrator who love squirrels so much.
My portfolio website is here: HAPHAP

---

I love to watch both in real and photographs of...
・wild squirrels
・pet squirrels
・squirrels in the zoo
squirrel arts and characters are also nice!

but I'm intolerant of hunting, eating, wearing and any other intentions to hurt squirrels by human.

I mean "squirrels" for all sciuridae aimals including prairie dogs, chipmunks, marmots, flying squirrels, etc.

---

NO reproduction and republication of the contents in this page without permission.

OK linking to this page without permission
  sharing the image with linking to this page.

---

You may very familiar to squirrels. I see the oversea squirrels are often living near to the human residence. So you may consider the squirrels to be a common animal. But from my experience that I heard you've never known some tropical species I drew, I recognized that some of you know about the only squirrels living in your place. So I thought you would enjoy my world's squirrel arts with English name and latin name.

However I don't write the details of the each species in English.

Mainly, this website is written for Japanese people. I've got some good English books of squirrels and found many new trivia from them. However there's few introductions to Japan. So I translate some contents of them and adding more informations from internet and some other Japanese books. I'm not a scholar but an amateur squirrel lover. I'm not good at write in English. If you can read English, it's the best way to read the original English references. This is the reason why I mainly write only in Japanese.


They're good references!

And more

Thank you!!